Wednesday, August 22, 2012

JWH uke show at Freddy's Bar in Park Slope Thursday (tomorrow)

Greetings.

There are some months that have four Thursdays.  There are some that have five.  Indeed..August 2012 has five.  Due to a configuration with my monthly gig schedule that is much too uninteresting to go into detail about, I've been unable to schedule in a performance at the ukulele night at Freddy's Bar in Park Slope...until now.  This is a momentous occasion because, well, Freddy's bar is cool,  I don't play much in Park Slope it seems, I like the folks putting it together, and have been wanting to check out the night since they started it.

With that... tomorrow (Thursday) you will find me playing both solo ukulele and in a trio configuration featuring crack ukulele accompanists Jim Whitney on bass and Andrew Burns on drums.  The night begins at 8:00 with your host Craig Chesler in the audience participation portion of the evening.  Indeed, you can bring your ukulele and play along in an easy going informal jam session with fellow four stringed brethren.  Then, I'll go up at 9:30 and play some solo ukulele, and then have Jim and Andy join me.  This is all happening at Freddy's Bar in Park Slope, which is a very cool joint.  


I hope you can make it out.  All the info is on the gig schedule page.  The link is to the right.

Take care,

w

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home