Thursday, May 24, 2012

Nuyorican 2nite - Solo Uke Show Saturday in LIC

Greetings.  I gotta make this quick.  I'm in the midst of trying to make a deadline...and of course this is the day my entire promotions department decides to play hooky on me.  So stupid.  It's not even nice outside!

Tonight I'm playing Latin jazz trombone with Willie Martinez and the La Familia Sextet at our home of many years, the The Nuyorican Poet’s Café.  This place rocks.  So does the band... and in clave, for that matter!

Saturday I'll be playing a special free* solo ukulele show at the incredibly awesome 
TEN10 Studios in Long Island City at an art opening for my good friend Hiroshi Kagoshima.  Hiroshi will be showing some of his newest paintings and drawings.  It'll be an easy going, intimate event, and I hope you'll make it by.  There will be refreshments, and a refreshing hang.

All the deets for the above shindigs are listed on me gigs page in the menu to the right.


















* "free" in that you don't have to pay anything.  It is a ukulele show after all... People usually pay me to play trombone, and sometimes they'll pay me to stop playing ukulele...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home