Tuesday, June 19, 2012

MBar Tomorrow - Gantry Plaza State Park in LIC Thursday (Make Music NY)

Howaaaaya?  Make it funky, make it funky, make it funky.   I've been on a James Brown kick lately (again)...

Tomorrow, you'll find me playing trombone, ukulele and singing at the The M Bar at the Mansfield Hotel  with Jim Whitney and Russ Meissner.  This is a really swell joint in Midtown that I've been playing at for a really long time.  Just the fact that I called it "swell" should be enough to tell you about how funky I'll be getting there.

Thursday is June 21st, the summer solstice, the longest day of the year, the first day of summer, the beginning of my 42nd trip around the sun, and the day of the annual 
Make Music NY Festival .   Music will be everywhere, for free, all over the city, including in my not-as-humble-as-it-used-to-be neighborhood, Long Island City.  I'll be playing a short duo set with Pat Irwin at beautiful Gantry Plaza State Park  on the East River.  We'll have a slightly smaller amount of equipment for this show than you may have seen in shows past.  (We don't have the luxury of spending 3 hours or more  for setup and breakdown each, which is about the average for me as of late.  Too.  Many.  Toys.)  It'll be our first venture into the outdoors together, and I'm lookin' forward to it.

You'll find the deets for the hootenannies in question on the gig schedule page.  That link is in the menu to the right.



w

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home