Wednesday, January 07, 2015

HNY! Barbes Thursday 10pm w/Pre War Ponies

Greetings to you and happy new year!  I'm going to try to be positive here and not dwell on the fact that it's 2015 and I still have no flying car?  Where's my replicator to prepare my cup of Earl Grey? Why do I still have to take out the trash myself?  (Ok, that last one perhaps is more of an economic issue than a technological one... I play trombone.  I take out my own trash.)

However, we do now have access via our mobile devices to the all knowing oracle that can solve many a late night drunken debate over whether Van Halen's "Women and Children First" came before or after "Fair Warning."  And I can now play any video game I ever lusted after in the 80's anytime!  So... maybe we have seen some serious progress after all...

Speaking of progress, I'll be playing trombone and ukulele (and GLOCKENSPIEL) in Park Slope at 
Barbès with Daria Grace and The Prewar Ponies tomorrow, Thursday Jan 8th at 10pm.  The rhythm section shall be powered by Ian Riggs on bass and Russ Meissner on drums. (The Ukuladies open at 8pm and they are freaking awesome.)

Very soon the PWP shall be starting a campaign for our soon to be released CD, "Get Out Under The Moon" which was recorded in my humble studio over the last... four years.   I can't wait for you to hear it. 


For the latest detailed info on the above mentioned performance, as well as a look at the rest of the month, please visit the gig schedule page.

Take care!

w

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home