Tuesday, May 03, 2016

Domaine Wine Bar in LIC Tomorrow - Emmy win - New Time @ Barbès

Greetings.  It's been a crazy last week.  I'll explain below... but first and foremost I'd like to remind you that tomorrow I'll be playing trombone/ukulele for your wine and cheese at my every-other week hang at Domaine Bar a Vins in LIC.  I'll be joined by Jon Cowherd on piano and Rene Hart on bass.

Two big pieces of news:
First, I'm proud to say that I won an Emmy (as crazy as this sounds, my fourth) for Outstanding Achievement in Musical Direction and Composition for work as music director and composer for Peg + Cat on PBS.  I shared that honor with music supervisor/audio director Steven Rebollido as well as composers Martin Erskine and DD Jackson.  Needless to say, I'm pretty thrilled.  Peg + Cat also took home a second Emmy for Outstanding Writing in a Pre-School Animated program.  What a hoot that whole thing was.

Second...and this is the biggie:  Starting in May, the The Pre-War Ponies will play our monthly gig at Barbès IN THE EARLY SLOT!!!  8PM!  You can totally rock that on the school night that it is! YES!

All the info for the above mentioned shows, plus a look at the rest of the month can be found by clicking the "gig schedule" link to the right.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home