Thursday, February 12, 2015

Barbes 2nite - Domaine Wine Bar LIC Wednesday + more!

Greetings.

Well, I'm writing a little bleary eyed as it seems I'm back in the land of deadlines.  This, of course, hasn't kept me from booking myself with gusto.  Good to see I've yet to learn my lesson.  Oy.

Tonight!  I'll be playing with Daria Grace and The Pre-War Ponies at Barb├Ęs in Brooklyn.  Hey!  We've got a new record coming out... please pre-order your copy today.  You'll get your copy ASAP, and we'll be able to, er, make the record. You see, it's a semi-bionic relationship!  Or... uh, something like that.  We'll also be playing a Valentine's Day concert at the Eclectic Cafe in Long Island on Saturday.  That'll be fun.

Mardi Gras (next Tuesday, er, the "fat" one) I'll be playing more New Orleans music with Smith & 9th Ward at Brooklyn Bowl opening for Henry Butler + Steven Bernstein and The Hot 9.

Wednesday (2/18)  I'll lead a trio in Long Island City at Domaine Wine Bar.  It's been a while since I've done a trio thing (I miss playing and seeing everyone at the MBar...) Domaine is a really cozy little spot with a piano right by the entrance to the 7 train. (One stop from Grand Central!) I've been trying to find an easy going place in the neighborhood to play...maybe even somewhat regularly.  If you can make it out next Wednesday, it would be greatly appreciated, and it also may increase the chances that we'd play there again.  I think you'll enjoy it.  It'll be a mellow good time.

All the info for the above mentioned gigs, as well as a look ahead to the rest of the month, is on the gig schedule page.


w

AND FURTHERMORE! Here's an excerpt of Daria's first vocal chorus and my ukulele solo from the song "What Do We Do On A Dew Dew Dewy Day" from the Pre War Ponies' upcoming record entitled "Get Out Under The Moon."  Pre-Order one here!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home