Thursday, February 13, 2014

Barbes Tonight - Rockwood Tomorrow - Happy New Year?

er, Happy New Year!

Yeah, I'm a little late on that one.  Actually I just posted my January schedule up, and yes, I know it's February 13th.  2014 has been a pretty crazy year already and I've barely been able to come up for air, or send out emails.  (excuse)  That said, last night not only did I post my January schedule, I even posted February!  I know, I know...  such the over achiever...

Yes it is snowing (it's February for chrissake) and yes tomorrow is Valentine's Day (again, the February thing.)  That's the (next to) last you'll hear about either of those two things in this document.

Tonight at 10pm at 
Barbes in Park Slope, you'll find me playing trombone and soprano ukulele with Daria Grace and The Prewar Ponies as we trollop our way through lesser known gems of the 20's and 30's.  It'll be a mellow trollop, with a dollop of smokey goodness.  You'll also experience the divine from the likes of Russ Meissner on the Drums and Jared Engel on the bass.

Tomorrow at 8pm at 
Rockwood Music Hall Stage Three I'll be playing a very special show with the inimitable Richard Julian and Rosita Kess.  We'll also be joined by Mauro Refosco on Percussion, Jim Campilongo on the guitar of the nylon string variety, and Tim Luntzel on the bass.  Limited seating, get yer tickets in advance.  This will be a fun night.

You'll find all the pertinent information for the above mentioned situations in the list below, as well as a look ahead at the rest of the shortest of all months. 


Thu 2/13 10:00pm w/The Prewar Ponies @ Barbes (6th ave @ 9th st BROOKLYN)
Fri 2/14 8:00pm w/Richard Julian @ Rockwood Music Hall Stage Three (196 Allen btwn Houston and Stanton) $10 Tickets
Thu 2/27 9:30pm-12:00am w/Willie Martinez La Familia Sextet @ The Nuyorican Poet’s Café( 236 E 3rd St) $10 cover

And, finally...



Take care!

w
--
http://www.jwalterhawkes.com
http://www.blatboy.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home